Í starfi Félagsmiðstöðvarinnar Fjörheima er lögð áhersla á starf með unglingum á aldrinum 9-16 ára sem byggir á hornsteinum lýðræðis.
Til að taka ákvarðanir
Til að koma á sínum forsendum
Til þess að hafa sínar skoðanir
Er að finna áhugamálin sín
Er að kynnast nýjum vinum
Er að læra nýja hluti
Fyrir okkur og þá sem skipta okkur máli
Nýttur á uppbyggilegan hátt
Fyrir heilsu og lífið
In the work of the Fjörheima Social Center, emphasis is placed on working with adolescents aged 9-16, based on the cornerstones of democracy. The key words are: interest, activity, participation and responsibility.
• The social center should focus on enhancing social and emotional development.
• Teens in Fjörheim are given the opportunity to perform instead of being merely an audience.
• In Fjörheimar we are open to the influence of youth culture, so most people should find something suitable in the work of the social center.
• In particular, efforts should be made to reach adolescents who do not enjoy themselves in another youth work. Everyone is given the same opportunity regardless of learning ability and home circumstances.
• The Social Center conducts targeted educational, prevention and search activities and uses a variety of methods to increase the likelihood of success in that area.
• The staff of the community center should build a positive image of the youth.
• Fjörheimar are in collaboration with various parties, such as teenagers in Reykjanesbær, family and social services, education office, school, parents, police, organizations and organizations working on youth issues.
• All alcohol and other intoxicants are prohibited in Fjörheimar and on the social center plot.
• All tobacco use is prohibited in Fjörheim and on the social center plot.
• Employees set clear boundaries of negative behavior and set a positive role in the game and practice.
• The Animation website contains content related to prevention and education.
• Regular educational nights are held in connection with prevention in Fjörheim.